Dome Lids vs. Flat Lids
With so many types of paper yogurt cups on the market, it can be incredibly confusing to choose one or two for your business. However, after you have done that successfully, you also need to pick the right accessories to go with it. One of the most important accessories is the lid because you don’t want a customers’ yogurt to spill while they are eating it in the car.
Additionally, lids help to keep the contents of the paper yogurt cups cool, clean, and safe for consumption. What type of a lid do you choose for your cups? Here is a look at two of the most popular lids in the industry and how they compare when put against each other.
As the name suggests, this type of lid is dome-shaped or conical. The lid is perfect for products such as milkshakes, smoothies, ice cream, lattes, and frozen yogurt in paper yogurt cups. This is because they allow plenty of room to add whipped cream, sprinkles or any other extras you want to add to your serving. Here are some other advantages of conical lids:
- If you serve a frozen yogurt dessert, the cone-shaped lid will give it space to shake and release some steam as opposed to flat lids that force all the steam to accumulate inside the cup.
- Conical lids allow the cup to be filled with content all the way to the rim because the lid will give extra space for air and movement.
- With enough room for the drink to shake, it means there will be no spills or leakage.
- Conical lids are associated with high-end establishments because they are more costly, they provide a splash barrier, and they add to the aesthetic appeal of the paper yogurt cups. If you are walking around with a yogurt or coffee with a simple flat lid, people assume you got it from the no-name place around the corner.
- All dome-shaped lids are made of a stronger material so they are more durable and better in case you drop your dessert.
Flat lids fit completely flat on the rim of the cup. The biggest advantage of flat lids is that they are cheaper than dome lids so people trying to save on cost find them suitable. Flat lids also allow you to stack as many cups as you want for delivery and this is something you cannot do with conical lids over paper yogurt cups. Unlike dome-shaped lids, you can brand a flat lid clearly so the customers can see your brand on top of the drink every time without struggle.
However, there are a couple of cons to flat lids such as:
- They lock in all the heat inside the paper yogurt cup and if the dessert is shaken long enough for example when you are driving, the lid can pop open and spill the dessert. The only way you can make sure there is some room inside the yogurt cup is to avoid filling it to the brim.
- You can barely add anything to your frozen yogurt cup or ice cream because there is no room for that unless you take the lid off.
- Flat lids hold less aesthetic appeal compared to conical lids. This is because they are too common and are widely used in most containers.
- Unless you use a straw or take the lid off, it’s almost impossible to eat while a plastic lid is still on.
Factors to consider when choosing paper yogurt cup lidsQuality
When choosing lids for your paper yogurt cups, the most important factor to consider is quality because you don’t want your customers to spill all over their clothes when eating dessert. The lid must be strong, well-fitting, and made of premium food grade material.Recyclability
The best lid should be reusable so you can use it again and again but it’s also important that once you are done, you can dispose of it for recycling.
Whether you have chosen conical or flat lids for your paper yogurt cups, the most important factor is safety for your clients and picking a lid that can be used with any frozen dessert without being affected by temperature.